ISMS Job Board
This list is designed for our attendees and our sponsors to post positions for industry, postdoctoral, research scientist, or similar positions. To post a job, please sign in.
Job Title List (scroll down for the full job posting details)
- Academic (PostDoc/Short-Term) -- Postdoctoral Research Associate: Expire Date: 2023-06-30
- Academic (PostDoc/Short-Term) -- Development of a mm-wave ultra-sensitive spectrometer for the gas phase detection of explosive taggants: Expire Date: 2021-07-30
- Industry (Other) -- Scientific Sales - Toptica Photonics: Expire Date: 2021-08-31
- Consult and collaborate with customers to solve their technical problems with TOPTICA lasers and solutions. This process includes facilitating the exploration of potential technical solutions, and leading discussions which may include various subject matter experts including product managers.
- Product discovery/Application development including the integration of the TOPTICA lasers into customer applications. Working closely to convert home builders to TOPTICA customers.
- Support the entire team of TPI in their activity to sell and support the TOPTICA products allowing TPI to attain an appropriate global market share in North America.
- Incubate into the TOPTICA R&D team potential improvements on TOPTICA products - whether originating individually or from customer feedback - and discuss their feasibility and the technical, financial and personnel requirements.
- Propose product improvements and potential new product design using resources in North America when the potential program merits the need to manufacture in North America
- While doing product discovery, all efforts will initially focus on enhancing sales of TOPTICA products to customers in North America within university laboratories. Use the TOPTICA customer database to identify potential customers. Visit potential customers and attend trade shows and conferences in North America and convince them about the quality of the TOPTICA products and the excellent customer service of TOPTICA through demonstrations and presentations. Assist the TPI team to achieve orders to meet the target given in the budget of TPI based on the US sales expectations of TOPTICA.
- Provide support during product demonstrations, tradeshow events, and workshops.
- Provide detailed and profound technical and product advice to the TPI sales team to help them understand the customer requirements, to suggest proper setups and to help with modifications required to assist customer applications.
- Maintain sales lead and opportunity information in the customer database to facilitate collaboration between TOPTICA stakeholders (sales, product managers, production, etc).
- Work with the Vice President of Sales & Marketing of TPI to provide any marketing and strategic information gained from research in the North American market and incubate this information into the strategic decisions to grow the North American and global businesses.
- Visit the manufacturing facility in Munich to become familiar with the entire product range and the sales and marketing activities specifically in North America.
- Timely trip and service reports.
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in physics, optics or similar experience, PhD preferred.
- Hands-on laser experience in AMO/QT communities
- Strong ability to communicate
- Excellent computer and project management skills
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Well organized, structured and task focused
- Confident negotiating skills, and ability to influence
- Eager to grow within the role, develop and build on current skills
- Identifying customers problems, consulting and providing a solutions
- Good time management, independent and self-starting
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Job Level: PostDoc/Short-Term
Job Type: Academic
Expire Date: 2023-06-30
Development of a mm-wave ultra-sensitive spectrometer for the gas phase detection of explosive taggants
Job Level: PostDoc/Short-Term
Job Type: Academic
Expire Date: 2021-07-30
The project is the initial part of the LPCA activity in an ANR ASTRID project untitled: METIS « Millimeter-wave Explosive Taggant vapors Investigations using Spectral taxonomy ».The main objective of this project is to provide a new approach for the detection and the discrimination of explosive taggants in gas phase. In this context, the development of an ultra-sensitive mm-wave absorption spectroscopy technique is required. Our group has recently adapted the intra-cavity techniques developed in the IR domain to the longer wavelengths of the THz/submm-wave spectral domains. Using Fabry-Perot THz absorption spectroscopy, we were able to perform gas phase measurements with an equivalent path-length longer than 1 km in the 620 GHz frequency range. For the METIS project, the postdoctoral fellow will adapt this setup in a lower frequency range (70-150 GHz) by the association of the skills of the THz LPCA group in Dunkirk and the microwave group of the PhLAM laboratory in Lille. The performances of the developed setup will be evaluated by the measurements of the most volatile explosive taggants such as mono-nitrotoluenes at trace level.
The candidate should have a PhD in molecular spectroscopy and/or in the development of optoelectronic instrumentation for spectroscopic applications. He/she should have expertise in one or more of the following fields: high-resolution spectroscopy analysis, THz instrumentation, spectroscopy in a resonant cavity. In addition to instrumental development skills, an experience in the measurement and in the analysis of high-resolution spectra will be appreciated.
Expectations from a postdoctoral researcher:
- Perform research on the assigned topics in collaboration with colleagues.
- Write progress reports, write and publish research articles in international journals.
- Present the work in conferences/meetings.Since ASTRID project are coordinated both by the French ANR and the DIA (Defense Innovation Agency), only PhD students from the European Union, the United Kingdom or Switzerland are eligible.
Scientific Sales - Toptica Photonics
Job Level: Other
Job Type: Industry
Expire Date: 2021-08-31