The award has been established through the generosity of Jon's family and colleagues in creating the Jon T. Hougen Memorial Award Fund, an endowed fund currently held at the University of Illinois that will support this travel award in perpetuity as a lasting tribute to Jon's legacy.
More details about the award will be made available in late 2019.
All members of the ISMS community are invited to contribute to this fund in Jon's memory, by making a tax-deductible gift either online or by mail. Your contribution will help ensure that the annual return on the fund will be sufficient to fully support a promising young spectroscopist's travel to the ISMS each year.
To make a gift onlineClick here and follow these instructions:
- In the third box (under Search) enter Hougen
- Click Search
- Underneath, you will see "Jon T. Hougen Memorial Award Fund - 11775299 and an orange Select button
- Click Select
- Enter the amount in the new box underneath the award fund name and click Add
- Confirm (on the right) that your Total Donation amount is correct
- Click the Continue button and complete the process
To make a gift by mailMake your check or money order payable to the "University of Illinois Foundation."
Please include a short note (or memo on your check) that the donation is for the Jon Hougen Memorial Award Fund.
University of Illinois Foundation
1305 West Green Street, MC-386
Urbana, IL 61801
Jon Hougen Memorabilia
- Remembrance written by Jon's colleague Angela Hight Walker at NIST
- Editorial in the Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy written by Terry Miller
- Video of Jon's talk at the 60th ISMS